Liebherr Warranty Information
Euro-Parts is the only authorized Liebherr parts and service provider in Canada. All warranty claims and service requests must be approved by Euro-Parts and any warranty work on the appliance must be performed by one of our trained and authorized Liebherr service technicians. Local technicians are independently owned and operated and are certified by Euro-Parts for any and all warranty service.
Liebherr Warranty Information
Liebherr products are designed and built to the highest standards. We expect your appliances to provide many years of trouble-free enjoyment. In the event of an appliance requiring attention, each appliance is covered by a Limited 12-year warranty from the date of purchase.
LENGTH OF WARRANTY
FULL TWO YEAR WARRANTY: For two years from the date of original purchase, your Liebherr warranty covers all parts and labor to repair or replace any part of the product which proves to be defective in materials or workmanship.
FULL FIVE YEAR WARRANTY: For five years from the date of original purchase, your Liebherr warranty covers all parts and labor to repair or replace any components that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship in the sealed system. The “Sealed System” means only the compressor, condenser, evaporator, drier and all connecting tubing.
LIMITED 6TH THROUGH 12TH YEAR WARRANTY: From the 6th through 12th year from the date of original purchase, your Liebherr warranty covers all parts that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship in the Sealed System (parts only).
TERMS APPLICABLE TO EACH WARRANTY: All service provided by Liebherr under the warranty must be performed by authorized Liebherr service representatives, unless otherwise specified by Liebherr. Service will be provided in the home during normal business hours. This warranty applies only to products installed for normal residential use. Details regarding a non-residential warranty are available on request. The warranty applies only to products installed in Canada. This warranty does not cover any parts or labor to correct any defect caused by negligence, accident or improper use, maintenance, installation, service or repair, including but not limited to improper removal and reinstallation of the condensing unit.
THE WARRANTIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE MADE EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND OF ANY OTHER OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY ON THE PART OF LIEBHERR.IN NO EVENT SHALL LIEBHERR BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE BREACH OF THESE WARRANTIES OR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY.
THIS GUARANTEE DOES NOT COVER COMMERCIAL USE.
LIEBHERR WILL NOT PAY FOR THE FOLLOWING SERVICE CALLS:
1. To install or correct the installation of an appliance
2. To provide instruction on the use of an appliance.
3. To replace house fuses, re-set circuit breakers or correct house wiring.
4. To correct house plumbing.
5. To clean drains, filters or garbage disposals.
6. To repair an appliance if it fails due to misuse or abuse.
7. To repair cosmetic damage to the appliance (cracked/broken glass components, scratches to stainless steel components), unless such damage results from a defect in the workmanship or materials. Such damage must be reported to LIEBHERR within 48 hours days from the date of delivery.
LIEBHERR WILL NOT PAY WHEN THE FOLLOWING OCCURS:
1. Damage resulting from fires, acts of God, alteration, accident, improper installation, installation not in accordance with local building codes, or uses not approved by Liebherr or the manufacturer of the appliance.
2. Pickup or delivery of major appliances requiring service. The appliances are designed to be repaired in the home. However, Liebherr will not be responsible for travelling and labour costs if the customer lives in excess of 50km/30 miles, or if the travel time is in excess of 30 minutes from the nearest service center.
The consumer shall ensure that it keeps all drains clear, that it replaces all filters in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and ensures that all electrical wiring meets local codes and conforms to the manufacturer’s specifications. In no event will Porter & Charles or its parents, subsidiaries or affiliates be responsible for (i) damages which are caused, in whole or in part, by the consumer’s failure to comply with the foregoing obligations, (ii) incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary or special damages, or (iii) damages in excess of the price paid for the product for which a claim is made.